Inspire young minds.
Being part of our business support network will provide you moments of great satisfaction but striving to make a difference can also be an exciting challenge! Having employers like you helping to inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme
Jesmond Park Academy has the benefit of a key business volunteer who works with us on a strategic level, encouraging the development of our careers programme and connecting us to the business community across the county. This role is recognised nationally as an Enterprise Adviser and they are part of the North East Careers Hub community of support driving the connection between careers education and the business sector.
Our EA is Catherine Boland and she would be delighted to have a chat with you about getting involved in our programme of activity.
Please contact her via our Careers Manager, Mrs Jacqui Strong
Ways to Support
Be part of our Mock interviews with Year 10 or 11 students and help them structure their CVs
- Come to our annual Careers Fair
- Get involved in extracurricular clubs and activities
- Give an inspiring talk based on your industry or job role
- Run a hands-on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
- Be part of our discussions about pathways after school, eg apprenticeships
Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc
Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
Offer a work experience placement for students at your business premises
Become an ambassador supporting employment routes for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and offer a work experience placement that is co-supported by the school
Provide a Supported Internship opportunity
What to expect…
By getting involved you will not only be supporting future workforce development and helping to broaden the minds of the young people but you will also be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
We will support you throughout your visit to us to ensure we maximise the use of your valuable time. Our Careers Manager is Mrs Jacqui Strong and she will:
- Be your main point of contact for all enquiries
- Organise pre-meets/discussions/information for activities you sing up to
- Provide you details of the local arrangements including parking, facilities and our safeguarding policy.
- Conduct a short evaluation with you to ensure we are getting things right.
- With your permission add you to our network and keep you up to date with future activities.
Here is a useful article on how to support us during these difficult times: https://insights.ise.org.uk/apprentices-and-school-leaver/blog-how-to-work-with-schools-despite-lockdown/