Introducing our new uniform supplier
Following a procurement process (in compliance with the Education (Guidance about Cost of School Uniforms) Act 2021), from 5th June 2023, all academies within the Gosforth Group will move to a single uniform supplier, Michael Sehgal & Sons Ltd. However, with immediate effect, uniform items can be viewed and purchased by visiting the Michael Sehgal & Sons website.
Michael Sehgal & Sons Ltd will stock and sell all branded uniform items including PE/sportswear and the school rain jacket and outdoor fleece. Non-branded school approved style uniform items can also be purchased from Michael Sehgal & Sons Ltd. However, parents/carers still have the option to buy these non-branded items from other retailers as long as they meet our uniform policy criteria.
Michael Sehgal & Sons Ltd are based in Kingston Park, near to Tesco Extra, and offer an in-store measuring service (by appointment only), or if the size required is known, orders may be placed by telephone or via their website. They recommend that orders are placed before 31st July 2023 to guarantee delivery before the start of the new term.
Please find below Michael Sehgal & Sons Ltd address and contact details, our uniform digital brochure which includes examples of all uniform items, our school uniform requirements and information.
Michael Sehgal & Sons Ltd
Unit 17 Airport Industrial Estate
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 230 2320.
All students will require the following main (day wear) uniform items:
- Black badged rain jacket* and/or black badged outdoor micro fleece* (two coats can be worn together)
- Navy badged sweatshirt
- White badged polo shirt
- Black school trousers (these should be smart, full length, regular fit) or black school skirt that is pleated all the way round (skirts should be worn with black opaque tights)
- Formal black dress shoes, not trainers (or anything that resembles trainers) or boots. Shoes must be polishable over the entire surface with a traditional sole
All students will require the following PE/sportswear items:
- Black/red badged rugby top or black/red badged polo shirt
- Optional - Black/red badged mid layer outdoor top
- Plain back shorts
- Optional - Sports plain black leggings/training pant
- Plain red football socks
- Football boots with moulded studs only
- Sturdy trainers (not boots, plimsolls or fashion/leisure shoes)
*The only coats that may be worn is the Jesmond Park Academy rain jacket and/or the Jesmond Park Academy outdoor micro fleece. A school coat must be worn between October half term and February half term on the journey to and from school.
Year group colours for main uniform and PE tops:
The circle (year group) colours are for September 2023. The colour of the logo/badge stays with your child
throughout their school journey for each academic year they progress on to.
Year 7 - Badge circled in pink
Year 8 - Badge circled in light blue
Year 9 - Badge circled in green
Year 10 - Badge circled in red
Year 11 - Badge circled in yelllow
Financial Support with Uniform Costs
If you are finding it difficult to purchase school uniform because of your financial circumstances we may be able to provide you with support. Please contact the school for further details and to submit an application. We will assess applications received based on individual circumstances.