CASUAL ACADEMIC TUTOR OF MATHS, WORKING AS AND WHEN REQUIRED
£25.00PH, TERM TIME ONLY
You will be employed by the Gosforth Group and may need to work across all locations within the Multi Academy Trust as required.
Jesmond Park Academy is a large, thriving and fully subscribed comprehensive school, which is rapidly making progress towards our vision of being outstanding. As a member of the Gosforth Group we are working in partnership to lay the foundations for what promises to be an exciting and rapid period of change and development in the school’s history. Our academy offers a positive working experience, with an enthusiastic staff firmly focused on us becoming a leading academy in the city. If you want to be part of realising our vision, play your part in helping us to build on our already significant progress and development, and have a genuine desire to do the best for our students, then come and join us on our journey to being outstanding.
We are seeking an individual to deliver intervention programs, both one-to-one and within a group of up to six students, and to work closely with the Mathematics Department in improving student performance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Studied a Mathematics subject at Level 3 or higher, ideally obtaining a Mathematics Degree
- The ability to support students up to GCSE level
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Working knowledge of standard computer packages
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work with students, manage student behaviour appropriately and have a positive interest in the issues faced by this age group
- Qualified Teacher Status is desirable
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 31st October 2022
Interviews will take place shortly thereafter