SUPPORT ASSISTANT, HIGHER LEVEL
37 HOURS PER WEEK
FIXED TERM UNTIL 23 JULY 2021
£25,991 - £28,672 PER ANNUM, TERM TIME ONLY WITH 5 ON CALL DAYS
(ACTUAL SALARY £22,122 - £24,404 PER ANNUM)
You will be employed by the Gosforth Group and may need to work cross all locations within the Multi Academy Trust as required.
Jesmond Park Academy is a large, thriving and fully subscribed comprehensive school, which is rapidly making progress towards our vision of being outstanding. As a member of the Gosforth Group we are working in partnership to lay the foundations for what promises to be an exciting and rapid period of change and development in the school’s history. Our academy offers a positive working experience, with an enthusiastic staff firmly focused on us becoming a leading academy in the city. If you want to be part of realising our vision, play your part in helping us to build on our already significant progress and development, and have a genuine desire to do the best for our students, then come and join us on our journey to being outstanding.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible an enthusiastic and dedicated Food HLTA. The successful candidate must have sound culinary knowledge and will be able to all aspects of the food curriculum including:
- Supporting the teaching of small focus groups
- Cover food lessons when required
- Contribute to the production of outstanding resources supporting the delivery of food to a high standard
- Ordering supplies and maintaining stock
- Daily resourcing of lessons
- Supporting practical food lessons including demonstrations where required
- Use ICT skills to enhance learning
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the department
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 2nd November
Interviews will take place shortly thereafter